Monthly Archives: November 2013
Backup and Recovery Checklist
- Policies should be in place prescribing backup and recovery procedures.
- All staff should understand the recovery plan and their duties during recovery.
- System restore procedures should be known to at least one trusted party outside the practice.
- A copy of the recovery plan should be safely stored off-site.
- Files identified as critical should be documented and listed in the backup configuration.
- Backup schedule should be timely and regular.
- Every backup run should be tested for its ability to restore the data accurately.
- Backup media should be physically secured.
- Backup media should be stored offsite are encrypted.
- Backup media should be made unreadable before disposal.